SPUTNIK Meeting Minutes
March meeting will be Sunday the 8th at 2 pm at Jean Dahlgren’s studio at 240 East Huisache, SATX 78212.
The 9 Feb FASA Spirited, Passionate, Uninhibited, Thoughtful, Nurturing, Innovative, Kind (SPUTNIK) meeting was attended by an excited group of happy artists, including some new folks!
Carmen is requesting old pantyhose donations. If you have any you want to get rid of, please bring to the SPUTNIK meeting. Much appreciated!
Calls for Entry:
· Artist Trading Cards (ATC) Swap open to FASA members! See our Prez, Deb Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to sign up.
· Criteria for ATC
· A Member’s only event
· 2 ½ inches by 3 ½ inches
· Monthly Theme – March’s theme is free for all/pick your topic
· Medium – artist choice
· Be prepared to create at least 16 cards for trading
· Creator’s name and date on the back
· Number the cards.
· They do not have to be identical
· Trading will take place at SPUTNIK meetings and after each general FASA meeting
· https://youratcstore.com/atc-stamps-for-atc-backs-c-109_50.html – beware this site, it MAKES you buy stuff!!!
Places to Shop-Learn-Show:
· 14 March 1-4 Runway Show – go do, go see! Only 50 tickets left and still need help selling raffle tickets…
· Las Colches is offering a Sashiko class for the next two Tuesdays and next two Saturdays, contact them for details. https://www.lascolchas.com/
· An artist highly recommended visiting Ruby City, San Antonio’s newest art museum. She said it was fabulous. Closed on Mondays. https://www.rubycity.org/
· The same artist recommended reading up on Dusti Bonge’, a modern artisthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusti_Bong%C3%A9 Bongé’s prolific art career spanned more than 55 years. Beginning painting in the mid-1930s, Dusti initially depicted scenes of her native Biloxi and still life compositions, in a sometimes realistic but often more modernist style.
· A couple of upcoming fiber fests – the Houston Fiber Fest June 26-28https://houstonfiberfest.com/ and the Bandera Fiber and Arts Fair March 10-14https://www.banderacowboycapital.com/events/2020/bandera-fiber-arts-festival
· Jane Dunnewold is looking for help to help Australia. She needs fabric scraps, threads, etc in order to provide friends and neighbors who have lost everything an opportunity to stitch…encouraging community and hope. Before MARCH 1, if you donate, Jane will collect and ship for you. Jane’s address is 1134 West Agarita Ave. SATX 78201. If you want to send directly to Australia: 132 Toallo St, Pambula Nsw2549.
· Folks brought in show and tell and we had a great time ooh and ahh-ing.
1. Our presentations swapped out and we created Dorsett Buttons. Peggy made kits for everyone and we had a great time. Next meeting we will enjoy Brass Rubbings.
These will be about 10-15 minutes unless otherwise noted. Volunteers to present your passion are welcome.
|January 2020||Artistic Resolutions||Everyone!|
|March||Brass Rubbings||Dee Dee and Alicia|
|June||Shrinky Dink Art||Annie|
· If anyone has any ideas for future presentations or areas of interest, we are absolutely open to exploring them! Please let me know and I’ll add your ideas to our list. We are running out of months fast so step up to lead the group soon!
o Next year’s wait list:
o Tara – water bottle holder
Hope to see you at the next meeting!
Spirited, Passionate, Uninhibited, Thoughtful, Nurturing, Innovative, Kind (SPUTNIK) Chair