2019 FASA Runway Show “Festival of Fabrics” Guidelines for Entries
For the online Garment Registration Form, click here
Paper Submissions will NOT be Accepted
To download the Vendor Application and Contract PDF, click here
To buy individual or table tickets via PayPal or Credit Card, click here
The FASA Runway Show features entries of “Art to Wear” from both FASA members and nonmembers. Non-members will be charged a $25 entry fee. Artists may submit a total of 10 items for juried consideration. A collaboration will count as one entry for each person who collaborates on the garment. Please note that a 25% commission to FASA will be deducted from the sales of any garment(s) submitted and all garments submitted must be available for sale. This year garment tags will be provided based on the garment information submitted. These tags will be mailed to the address on the submission form and must be sewn into the garment, preferably in the back of the garment or under the armhole of the garment. These tags will have information to help during the sale of garments, please sew only these tags in.
What qualifies as an Art to Wear Garment?
- An individually designed piece of hand-made clothing which reflects artistic expression and creativity of the artist (that’s you).
- Depending on artists’ creativity and skills, they may choose to use purchased finished fabrics and alter them into a unique garment OR they may dye and/or paint virgin fabric and use a commercial pattern.
- Fabric may be created by weaving, knitting, crocheting, or felting into a wearable art garment.
- The finished garment should be an individualized piece of art.
Have fun, be creative, step out of the box…..make a statement on the runway!
2019 GARMENT TIME LINE
- February 11 FASA meeting Entry forms available on FASA website
- Monday, March 11, 11:59 p.m. Deadline for submission of entry form
- Saturday, March 30 : 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Garments due
Deliver or Mail to:
Kathleen McGee Lindemann 11703 Pepper Tree *
San Antonio, TX 78230
*Located in Mission Trace off Vance Jackson between Huebner & Wurzbach