Fiber Artists of San Antonio (FASA) is currently seeking fiber artists to enter the FASA 44th Annual Juried Fiber Art Exhibit. Artists are invited to submit up to 4 pieces completed within the last two years for consideration ($40 entry fee). The juror’s final selections will be hung in the Say Si Art Gallery in San Antonio TX, December 7, 2018 to January 25, 2019. The theme ‘All Things Possible in Fiber Art’ calls on artists to explore boundaries beyond their normal comfort zones. All types of fiber art are eligible (including 3-D, free standing, and art-to-wear), and collaborations are welcome; prizes will be awarded at the opening reception December 7, 6-8 p.m. at the gallery.
The call opens on September 7, 2018 and closes on October 15, 2018.
For details and online entry: http://www.FASAentry.org
If you work in fiber of any kind, you are eligible to enter your artwork in the upcoming 44th Annual Juried Fiber Art Exhibit!!
When and Where: Say Si Art Gallery, located at 1518 S. Alamo St., San Antonio, TX 78204. Art will hang December 7, 2018 to January 25, 2019.
Juror: Alana J Coates, a gallerist, educator, and curator who is academically trained in Art History, Museum Studies, and Nonprofit Leadership, Coates has worked in museums, city-wide-arts programs, and cultural centers. Alana is on staff at the McNay Art Museum, works with artists of international acclaim, supports emerging artists, and resides in San Antonio, TX.
Prizes: winning artwork to be selected and awarded by the juror at the opening reception:
- 1st Prize: $300
- 2nd Prize: $200
- 3rd Prize: $100
- FASA Member’s Excellence Award: $100
- Excellence in Beading on Fabric: $100
- Excellence in Mixed Fiber: $100
- Call for Entry Opens: Friday, 9/7/18
- Call for Entry Closes: Monday, 10/15/18 (midnight CT)
- Juror reviews & makes selections: Weds, 10/17/18 – 10/24/18
- Notification of selected artists: 10/26/18 – 10/28/18
- Art Shipping to Say Si: 11/5/18 – 11/21/18
- Digital Survey Form to Say Si: 11/21/18
- Install Date: Monday, 11/26/18
- Exhibition Opening: Friday, 12/7/2018
- Exhibition Closing: Friday, 1/25/2019
- Uninstall & ship/pick-up art: Saturday, 1/26/19
Please share the following invitational postcard and information.
JPG Invite for the Call for Entry: (postcard front)
PDF of information details: (postcard back)