January meeting will be Sunday the 12th at 2 pm at Jean Dahlgren’s studio at 240 East Huisache, SATX 78212.
The 8 Dec FASA Spirited, Passionate, Uninhibited, Thoughtful, Nurturing, Innovative, Kind (SPUTNIK) meeting was attended by joyful group of merry makers!
We had an outstanding holiday party with too much food and so much fun! Lot of different art supplies found new homes and folks were openly and unabashedly thinking up new ideas. Good times had by all!
Calls for Entry:
· Artist Trading Cards (ATC) Swap open to FASA members! See our Prez, Deb Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to sign up.
· Criteria for ATC
· A Member’s only event
· 2 ½ inches by 3 ½ inches
· Monthly Theme – Jan’s theme is Resolutions
· Medium – artist choice
· Be prepared to create at least 16 cards for trading
· Creator’s name and date on the back
· Number the cards.
· They do not have to be identical
· Trading will take place at SPUTNIK meetings and after each general FASA meeting
· https://youratcstore.com/atc-stamps-for-atc-backs-c-109_50.html – beware this site, it MAKES you buy stuff!!!
Places to Shop-Learn-Show:
· Tuesday Morning sells Sizzix machines for $50. https://www.sizzix.com/
· If you love ATCs but don’t want to make the base cards, you can purchase 100 blank playing cards for $13 here: www.apostrophegames.com and they have a whole section of supplies to make your own board games.
· Herwicks is having an art supply sale through 20 Dec. http://www.artdoggie.com/
· Shows to watch on Netflix “Civilizations” – Expanding Kenneth Clark’s 1969 “Civilisation” series for a new generation, this reboot explores the art of cultures around the world, throughout time. https://www.netflix.com/title/81012415 and also “The Repair Shop” Expert artisans restore timeworn family heirlooms with touching sentimental value while also uncovering their uniquely rich histories. https://www.netflix.com/title/81224128
· We learned what soutache is: https://www.simplysoutache.com/what-is-soutache.html ; https://beadaholique.com/blogs/techniques-guides/soutache-101-how-to-create-soutache-jewelry ; https://www.artbeads.com/design-studio/soutache-basics-part1/
· An artist recommended Liz Banderas at Mijafolkart for paper mache art – https://www.instahu.net/tag/mijafolkart
· An artist recommended Carolina G. Flores as a local San Antonio artist – http://www.carolinagflores.com/
1. We had a great holiday celebration with lots of art, love and laughter!
2. Next presentation will be for everyone to bring 3 art-affirming artistic resolutions for discussion. Positive resolutions only!
These will be about 10-15 minutes unless otherwise noted. Volunteers to present your passion are welcome.
|January 2020||Artistic Resolutions||Everyone!|
|February||Brass Rubbings||Dee Dee and Alicia|
|June||Shrinky Dink Art||Annie|
· If anyone has any ideas for future presentations or areas of interest, we are absolutely open to exploring them! Please let me know and I’ll add your ideas to our list. We are running out of months fast so step up to lead the group soon!
o Next year’s wait list:
o Tara – water bottle holder
Hope to see you at the next meeting!
Spirited, Passionate, Uninhibited, Thoughtful, Nurturing, Innovative, Kind (SPUTNIK) Chair